Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Indiamike




So in getting ready to make a trip across seas, many questions have come to my mind. A lot of things that you take for granted here in the states suddenly become major issues that you have to think about. Clean water, electricity, malaria and other communicable diseases which aren't a threat in our sterile nation. Will I have to wear insect repellent all the time? Will I really have to drink bottled water the whole stay? (My uncle, who is from India, has told me me that over time I will be able to drink a little of the native water and build up an immunity, how cool is that!) Food, transport, money, clothing, all of these things which we have a system for obtaining which is burned into us since the day we were able to breathe outside of our mothers womb, suddenly become strange foreign practices which will have to be re-learned. My trip, it seems, has started even before I have left the continent. In my quest for knowledge about living in a country such as India, I have stumbled upon a highly valuable resource which goes by quite a unique monicker: Indiamike. This is a travel forum dedicated solely to exploration in India. Upon perusing through the thousands of topics which have been posted, I have stumbled across many threads which have proven to be quite useful in my search for answers to various queries of mine. One such thread however, has proven to rise above all the rest in relation to its entertainment value. This thread highlights some of the crazy photos which travelers have snapped of various translation errors and cultural oddities which prove to be quite humorous. One such example is posted above. I hope you enjoy browsing through the many laughable pictures. I shall warn you, there are a few which cross a line some may not be comfortable crossing, so do take caution in following the link. I hope this makes you smile!

I thank you all,

~KOV

2 Comments:

Blogger Jamal said...

That's a funny thread. I especially like the 'Strolling Prohibited' sign. Oh and I like how you copied my Baha'i link, although to the US Baha'i site. Consider ourselves even.
Nurse Out.

11:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

THose signs are hilarious! watch out for all those hungry child bears!

~mae

9:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home