Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Bangawha?



Well It's official i'm going to Bangalore, India for a year of study. This is exciting for many reasons as I am going to be completely submerged in India culture, both living it and learning it. But first, however, as I wrap up the school year here in Overland Park, Kansas, I'm going to be moving my earthly possessions to my parents house in Nebraska, heading to my cousin's wedding in omaha, and then my younger sister and I are off to give a summer of service for the Baha'i faith at Green Acre Baha'i School in Eliot, Maine. We will arrive on the 28th of may, and I will head out to India from Boston on August 14th. I will arrive, if on time, in Bangalore around midnight on the 16th of August. Oh how exciting it is indeed! I hope to update this periodically throughout the summer with happenings going on at Green Acre, and then fill it full of wonderful tidbits regarding my stay in India. Welcome all, to the adventures of KOV in India.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's so exciting! I hope I get to see you sometime soon. If not, you must find a wifi spot in India and we need to DS it baby! You are going to have an awesome time dude. Tell me when you fall in love with that beautiful Indian woman, who could ever resist Thaddeus? I know I cant ;) Love ya dude, in a purely brotherly kind of way, that is.

7:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thaddamire Valdez,

Mi compadre, I have a happy heart for you. You are going to learn so much about yourself through the culture and life experiences of others. I knew when i met you that you would be doing big things and this is the start of your journey of learning and teaching and being a part of something very different from that which you have grown to know. And with that run on sentence I bid you adeiu. Much love, Craigis

P.S- Do you think the international postal service will let you mail me a King Cobra?

1:36 AM  
Blogger King of Vegetable said...

Dude...I'd totally mail you a king cobra...

but first i'd have to wrestle one

speaking of wrestling...you should ask lindsay (mccomb) about her aligatore wrestling experience...dude...she wrestled aligators...how rad is that!

5:43 AM  
Blogger Jamal said...

After the snake kills off Craig, can I have his car? And perhaps his cheffing degree?

7:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thaddeus, I hope you recover from your experience with your drug. Take care.

Love,
Uncle Gary & Aunt Beth

2:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks, my friend, for this delightful tour of your first few days. You know, of course, that you have the makings of a great "travelogue" type book? I look forward to reading more.

Sincerely,

Irene -- learned about you from your Mom on Baha'i Women's list.

11:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home